NASSCOM (National Association of Software and Service Companies) has announced that its annual Animation & Gaming Summit will be held on November 1st and 2nd this year in Mumbai. Speakers, panel members and the venue are still being finalised. The event aims to take the cause of Industry Growth forward in a collaborative manner through knowledge sharing, networking and panel discussions.
Regional Director of NASSCOM, Col. Ramachandran, shared with the press earlier that they already have 500-600 delegates in mind who would be participating and International partners from countries such as Korea, France, Italy and UK have also expressed an interest in participating in the summit.
The previous summit was held on 10th and 11th of Jan 2007 in Hyderabad. This time around Mumbai has been chosen as the venue citing the fact that Mumbai is the hub of Indian entertainment and also hosts the fast growing sectors like animation and gaming. In addition, the city is central to most people within the country and also convenient for the foreign delegates.
The key highlights for the Summit are:
• ‘Superpitch’ for Animation and Gaming
• New frontiers – Telecom, IPTV, Digital technologies
• Entrepreneur’s Journey – Case studies
• Animation & Gaming as a ‘turbo power’ for branding
• Licensing & merchandising – the big idea for animation and gaming
• Building value and scale in gaming, animation & VFX
• International partner country focus
• Cutting edge technologies and business models
• Animation and gaming vs. the Indian consumer
• Quantity vs. quality in human resources
• Animation in industrial, e-learning and web applications
Registration Fees for NASSCOM Members as well as non-members is Rs. 7000 (USD 175) till the 1st of Oct. ‘07 after which it will be Rs. 7500 (USD 190) for members and Rs. 8500 (USD 215) for non-members. There is also a 10% discount on registration of 3 or more delegates.
For further details, visit the NASSCOM website.